I did a review of the Endocrine System and it’s relationship to the central nervous system as preparation for my appearance on the Awakened Goddess Show. I wanted to share this with you.
The dance between these two systems is synergistic and impacts our energy and our energetic bodies as well. These are some basic facts to know. I have included the sources at the bottom of the blog too.
So here goes, a easy digestible precis of the endocrine system and it’s contribution to your healthy and energetic body.
“The endocrine system is made up of glands that produce and secrete hormones. These hormones regulate the body’s growth, metabolism and chemical process of the body and sexual function”*
The endocrine system works together with the central nervous. The hormone secretions are a language or a dance that keeps us energetically stable, balanced and feeling supported. When it is not in equilibrium we feel tired, heavy and unsupported. Stress plays a big part to destabilise your endocrine function and consequently your nervous system too.
The Endocrine System is made up of 9 glands.
- Hypothalamus – control hormone production by releasing different chemicals to the pituitary gland
- Pineal gland connects the endocrine system with the nervous system. Produces melatonin related to sleep/wake cycle.
- Pituitary gland – crucial to growth, mental development influences, controls the rest tof the endocrine system
- Thyroid – governs the way the body uses energy, releases hormones that control metabolism
- Parathyroid – glands behind thyroid, essential for bone development.
- Thymus – immune function in children. Huge in childhood and reduces in adulthood.
- Adrenal glands – influence the eay the body uses energy, secretes adrenalin when under stress. Produces cortisol to support the fight or flight response.
- Pancreas – releases insulin to metabolize sugar
- Ovaries/Testes – produce estrogen and progesterone in women and **
The Hypothalamus, Pineal and Pituitary are all found in the brain.
The thyroid and parathyroid are located in the throat.
The thymus in the chest – high sternum – also known as “high heart”.
The pancreas sits under your ribcage and is part of the digestive system.
The adrenals just above the kidneys.
And ovaries/tests in the sacred pelvic area.
The endocrine system is a conduit for the energy receptors to the nervous system. The more regulation of our hormonal system is the way toward balance and peace.
If you are struggling with any energy dysfunction, and it is longterm, consult your medical doctor – they will have simple investigatory tools and provide a diagnosis, which in itself can be a relief. Knowing that it is not all in your head.
Click here to receive your free gift. I offer you a free gift – an ebook “Your Chakra Energy Systems”. I created this ebook as an easy guide to access information to heal your pain.